Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal conviction will change your life. If you have been arrested or are under investigation for committing a crime, it is wise to begin preparing your defense as soon as possible. An experienced defense attorney can give you the best possible chance of avoiding that conviction,steep fines, probation, community service and time in prison. At the law firm of Redden, Mills & Clark, LLP we have extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of criminal defense issues.
Whatever the Accusations, We Will Present a Well Prepared and Researched Defense
At Redden, Mills, Clark & Shaw, LLP, we have a long history of excellence defending people against felony and misdemeanor charges. We practice extensively in federal, state and municipal courts throughout Alabama. The scope of our defense practice includes:
- White Collar crimes: Our approach for white collar crime defense focuses on thorough preparation to present a convincing case for our professional clients.
- Pornography / Computer crimes: Our attorneys have experience representing clients charged with crimes relating to pornography and computers, and we are skilled at presenting viable defenses to such offenses at trial.
- Street Crimes: We are skilled at handling drug crimes, street crimes, sex crimes and property crimes such as theft, robbery and larceny.
- DUI Defense: Even if you fail the breath test, you still have a chance to win. We can help you mount an aggressive DUI defense.
- Major Felonies: We have successfully handled and represented clients in murder cases and other major felonies at trial and at the appellate level in state and federal courts throughout Alabama.
- Traffic violations: A minor conviction can be a major hassle. We can help you stay on the road and keep your record clean.
- Sentencing: In some instances a plea of guilty may be in the client’s best interest. Our attorneys stay abreast of the criminal law regarding sentencing in both state and federal courts, and are able to work to receive a reasonable sentencing.
- Our criminal defense attorneys have tried cases ranging from speeding tickets to capital murder cases. Whatever charges you are facing, we understand the impact a conviction would have on your life, and will work tirelessly to seek a favorable result for you.
Street Crimes (Drug Crimes, Sex Crimes, Robbery)
Drug Crime Defense Lawyers
If you have been arrested, it may feel like it is you against the world. The police and prosecution will do everything in their power to win a conviction, which can lead to feelings of isolation and helplessness. At the law firm of Redden, Mills, Clark & Shaw, LLP,our drug crime defense attorneys have the knowledge and experience to stand up to the powerful forces lined up against you. You are not alone. We will fight to give you the best possible chance of success.
Intelligent, Aggressive Criminal Defense Against All Charges
Our attorneys have extensive experience defending clients at all levels of the criminal justice system, from state, federal and municipal courts. We provide knowledgeable representation for people who have been arrested or accused of a variety of criminal offenses, including:
- Crimes of violence: We can provide an aggressive defense for individuals accused of violent crimes, including assault, battery and crimes involving weapons.
- Drug crimes: Penalties for drug possession, distribution and drug trafficking are very severe, especially when charged at a federal level. We will vigorously protect your rights through the use of a strong defense.
- Sex crimes: A sex crime conviction can ruin your reputation for life as well as result in a significant restraint of your freedom. We provide seasoned defense against charges of rape, sexual assault, Internet sex crimes and more.
- Property crimes: Criminal cases involving robbery, theft, burglary and larceny require a thorough investigative approach. We have the skills and resources to help you build the best possible defense.
If you have been arrested and charged with the commission of a street crime, our violent crime defense lawyers will work diligently to achieve the best results for you. If a settlement serves your best interests, we will work toward one. However, we are always prepared to fight for your interests in court. If your case goes to appeal, we are fully prepared to represent you through the appeal process as well.
Internet Sex Crimes
Sex Crimes Defense Lawyer
Computers have become part of our daily lives and are now a useful tool that we cannot live without. However, as Internet use has become more prevalent, so too have charges involving child pornography and solicitation. At the law firm of Redden, Mills, Clark & Shaw, LLP, our sex crimes defense attorneys have the knowledge and experience to provide you with an aggressive defense that will protect your rights. You do not have to face these serious charges alone.
Dedicated Defense Against Computer Sex Crime Charges
The Internet has made it easier than ever to transmit all types of information. However, this convenience can also lead to the accidental transmission of obscene materials, such as child pornography. Overzealous police and prosecutors are often more interested in getting a conviction than learning the truth of a situation.
Our solicitation of a minor defense attorneys understand that sometimes things get accidentally transmitted or are downloaded by another member of the household or by a household guest. You can rest assured that we will mount a thorough investigation to get to the bottom of your case. This way, we can build the strongest defense possible to ensure that your rights are protected.
Get Legal Representation Right Away
A conviction for a sex crime can have a lifelong impact. In addition to possible jail time, you maybe required to register as a sex offender, which limits many otherwise available opportunities. That is why it is important to talk with a lawyer at Redden, Mills, Clark & Shaw, LLP, as soon as possible.We can provide you with expert legal advice to ensure that you do not give up any of your fundamental rights by speaking with the police and prosecutors. We will fight aggressively in an effort to preserve your freedoms.